[Openswan Users] Openswan and SuSE 9.3

Simon Christian simon at sundialtechnology.co.uk
Tue Jul 26 13:36:37 CEST 2005

Hello

I am wanting to set up our SuSE server to allow remote access from home via
the internet into the company network. We are running SuSEfirewall2 on the
same box.

The following are installed from the SuSE disks:

SuSE 9.3 kernel version 2.6.11.4-21.7
Openswan 2.2.0-12

An "ipsec verify" gives the OK up to the Opportunist Encyption DNS Checks:

where I get a 'missing' in the looking for txt in a forward dns zone.

The server is on the internet with a static IP address.

Has anyone got a set of minimal instructions to get basic connections /
encryption up and running and allow users in through the firewall and access
local machines.

I've been playing with poptop but this seems a more secure solution.

Thanks in advance

Simon