[Openswan Users] General Guidance - Connecting to Sonicwall Global VPn

Mark Newnham mark at newnhams.com
Thu Jun 12 20:52:33 EDT 2014

I am wondering if it is possible to connect an Ubuntu 14 system to a Sonicwall Global VPN server under the following circumstances:

The connection, when done under Windows is the simplest possible when using the Sonicwall Windows Client software:

1. Run the microsoft installer
2. Enter the server name
3. When prompted, enter the user name and password.

There are no shared keys, group passwords or any other configurations required.

The system I am connecting to is run by a third party, so I have no access to configuration settings. The local client has a DHCP allocatted IP address and its internet connection is NAT'd through an Astaro firewall.

TIA

Mark