[Openswan Users] Routing with virtual network

Simon Deziel simon at xelerance.com
Tue Jan 21 17:54:03 EST 2014

On 14-01-21 05:22 PM, Mike James wrote:
> Apparently not *all* hope is lost :) I¹m not sure if OpenSWAN can do it,

Sure this source *and* destination NAT'ing is possible with iptables
trickery on both sides. Heaving NAT'ing doesn't mix well with hope though ;)

Since it needs to happen on both sides, this "solution" isn't very home
user friendly, IMHO.

> but Cisco have a doc -
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_exam
> ple09186a00800b07ed.shtml

This page also warns about how confusing this setup is:

> Note: This configuration is not recommended as a permanent setup
> because it would be confusing from a network management standpoint.

Since home network gear generally uses 192.168.0.0/24 or 192.168.1.0/24
I would assume that not many users have an IP collision with your office
network. If that's the case it would probably be easier to make the IP
change on the client side.

Good luck,
Simon