[Openswan Users] Pushing routes to clients

5dxnea3pw8 at snkmail.com 5dxnea3pw8 at snkmail.com
Fri May 4 07:01:18 EDT 2012

Hi,

Our target configuration is road warriors using IPSEC/l2tp which connect on demand. A given user, may connect to multiple VPN servers concurrently depending on which suppliers they are working with (this means we can't just send all traffic over the VPN). Each VPN server has a variety of subnets behind it.

We can connect to the VPN servers fine and if we hard code routes for the various subnets on the client all is well. However hardcoding these routes is a real pain in the backside. We haven't identified a reliable solution of our Mac users.

Pushing the routes from the xl2tpd or ppp on a per connection basis would be much more manageable. Is this possible or ever likely to be possible ?

Thanks

Greg