[Openswan Users] Linux IPSec GUI?

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Mar 25 10:15:31 EDT 2011

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011, Will Roberts wrote:

> Does anyone know of a decent GUI for Linux that can be used to properly set
> up an L2TP over IPSec connection? I'm really looking for something that's as
> easy to setup as the Windows/OSX clients. A while back I tried KVpnc, but
> all I managed to do was thoroughly trash my ipsec.conf and ipsec.secrets
> files. I do use GNOME so perhaps it works better in KDE.
>
> Are there any other applications that are worth trying or do most Linux
> users really just do it directly via openswan and xl2tpd?

Yes, there is a git repository for the Network Manager plugin, and work is being
done to make it easier and better. I have some pending patches that need to be
merged in still.

Git-repository of the project: git://gsoc.xelerance.com/gsoc/nm-openswan.git
Project page: https://gsoc.xelerance.com/projects/openswan-nm/