[Openswan Users] OpenSwan won't Encapsulate my Packets

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Dec 9 14:42:02 EST 2010

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010, Markus Ewald wrote:

> Thus, "ping 192.168.248.1" uses ppp0, where, for some reason, OpenSwan
> doesn't capture the packets.
> But "ping -I eth0 192.168.248.1" does get the packet through to the
> other end and my ping succeeds.

Didn't I earlier mention leftsourceip= ?

        leftsourceip
            the IP address for this host to use when transmitting a packet to
            the other side of this link. Relevant only locally, the other end
            need not agree. This option is used to make the gateway itself use
            its internal IP, which is part of the leftsubnet, to communicate to
            the rightsubnet or right. Otherwise, it will use its nearest IP
            address, which is its public IP address. This option is mostly used
            when defining subnet-subnet connections, so that the gateways can
            talk to each other and the subnet at the other end, without the
            need to build additional host-subnet, subnet-host and host-host
            tunnels. Both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses are supported.