[Openswan Users] OpenSwan won't Encapsulate my Packets

Markus Ewald cygon at nuclex.org
Thu Dec 9 16:19:59 EST 2010

  On 12/9/2010 8:42 PM, Paul Wouters wrote:
> Didn't I earlier mention leftsourceip= ?
>
>        leftsourceip
>            the IP address for this host to use when transmitting a
> packet to
>            the other side of this link. Relevant only locally, the
> other end
>            need not agree. This option is used to make the gateway
> itself use
>            its internal IP, which is part of the leftsubnet, to
> communicate to
>            the rightsubnet or right. Otherwise, it will use its
> nearest IP
>            address, which is its public IP address. This option is
> mostly used
>            when defining subnet-subnet connections, so that the
> gateways can
>            talk to each other and the subnet at the other end, without
> the
>            need to build additional host-subnet, subnet-host and
> host-host
>            tunnels. Both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses are supported.

You didn't. Thanks for the info, it was among the things I tried but
apparently discarded too early. The route still says ppp0:

    Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref
    Use Iface
    192.168.248.0   *               255.255.255.0   U     0
    0        0 ppp0

...but I am getting pings through now, both from my home server and from
other workstations on my local subnet.

Now I just have to set up routing so the 192.168.248.0/24 subnet can
access other system in my own subnet, but that's another issue altogether.

> Paul

-Markus-