[Openswan Users] Running Openswan in CentOS 5

Arnel B. Espanola aespanola at arts.ucla.edu
Mon Feb 2 16:56:18 EST 2009

I'm not quite familiar with GRE. Do I need to connect the Openswan
server directly to Cisco router to establish GRE tunnel? Will this work
where remote users are connecting from anywhere? From what I see this
GRE can only be implemented with site-to-site VPN connectivity. Or this
also works much like using L2TP? Please advise. Thanks for you help.

Arnel