[Openswan Users] Running Openswan in CentOS 5

openswan at thefeds.net openswan at thefeds.net
Mon Feb 2 21:25:43 EST 2009

So long as the remote users client software supports GRE it will be fine.

The remote end of the GRE tunnel would not typically have an IP from your
LAN as I believe l2tp is often configured to (I haven't used l2tp). You
can either assign the remote user an IP in another subnet and route it on
your network, (I always go this way) assign the remote user a LAN IP and
use bridging or assign the remote user a LAN IP and use proxy arp.

Tim