[Openswan Users] RES: KLIPS and Fedora 7

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed May 21 17:24:46 EDT 2008

On Wed, 21 May 2008, Giovani Moda wrote:

> > Don't use the KMEM_CACHE macro, just strip the last NULL argument from the old calls for now.
>
> Not sure I did this right, but I removed the line
>
> #  define HAVE_KMEM_CACHE_MACRO
>
> >From linux/include/openswan/ipsec_kversion.h and the last NULL parameter from
>
>         ixs_cache_allocator = kmem_cache_create ("ipsec_ixs",
>                 sizeof (struct ipsec_xmit_state), 0,
>                 0, NULL, NULL);
> And now I get
>
> modobj26/ipsec_tunnel.c:1880: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or â__attribute__â before â*â token
> modobj26/ipsec_tunnel.c: In function âipsec_xmit_state_cache_initâ

When compiling and reporting, always do: unset LANG C

> I know, I did something wrong, maybe I didn't get the instructions right...

Actually, I was slightly off, documentation I found says:

  A new macro has been added to make the creation of slab caches easier:
    struct kmem_cache KMEM_CACHE(struct-type, flags);
    The result is the creation of a cache holding objects of the given
     struct_type, named after that type, and with the additional slab
     flags (if any).

and

  The prototype for slab constructor callbacks has changed to:
    void (*ctor)(struct kmem_cache *cache, void *object);
   The unused flags argument has been removed and the order of the other
    two arguments has been reversed to match other slab functions.