[Openswan Users] Kernel option for default boot to KLIPS in place of NETKEY

John Mok jmok at attglobal.net
Sat Jun 14 12:49:21 EDT 2008

Hi,

I tried to setup two servers running Openswan 2.4.12 with the following :-

Gateway 1
=========
- Tyan S2518 ServerWorks III LE chipset
- Dual PIII CPU 1.26 GHz
- Ubuntu 6.06.2 LTS ( kernel 2.6.15-51.66 )

Gateway 2
=========
- Generic PC
- Single Celeron 1.8 GHz
- Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS ( kernel 2.6.15-21.x )

Both machines have exactly the same kernel options :-

CONFIG_NET_KEY=m
CONFIG_INET_AH=m
CONFIG_INET_ESP=m
CONFIG_INET_IPCOMP=m
CONFIG_INET6_AH=m
CONFIG_INET6_ESP=m
CONFIG_INET6_IPCOMP=m
CONFIG_KLIPS=m
CONFIG_KLIPS_AH=y
CONFIG_KLIPS_ESP=y

For gateway# 1, it boots to KLIPS (by using ipsec --version) that is I
want it to be. My problem is that gateway #2 always boot to NETKEY. I
hope someone to advise what determine if the gateways boot to KLIPS or
NETKEY? How to set the kernel options so that the gateway always boot to
KLIPS instead of NETKEY?

Thanks a lot.

John Mok