[Openswan Users] Which 2.6 kernel can the nat-t-patch from the 2.4.16 release be used with?

Michael L. openswan at cosis.dk
Fri Jun 13 15:20:57 EDT 2008

Paul Wouters wrote:

>> ipsec: Unknown symbol ipsec_nat_encap
>>
>> The ipsec_net_encap is a rutine applied to the kernel when patching it
>> with the nat-t-patch, but get's a lot of faults:
>>

>> Hunk #1 FAILED at 108.
>> Hunk #2 FAILED at 882.
>> Hunk #3 FAILED at 914.
>> Hunk #4 FAILED at 1044.
>> Hunk #5 FAILED at 1153.
>> Hunk #6 succeeded at 1690 (offset 49 lines).
>>

> You cannot ignore those! of course it wont work if the patch does not apply.
>

>> Tried several kernels, from 2.6.25.2 to 2.6.25.6 - without luck, so i
>> need to know which kernel the nat-t-patch was tested against.
>>

> 2.6.23?
>
> It is not that difficult a patch. Check the .rej file and try to apply
> it manually using an editor?
>
> Paul

The 2.6.23.8 patch from the ftp apllies fine on the 2.6.23.8 kernel. But
trying to use the 2.4.16-ipsec module fails, due to the missing
ipsec_net_encap rutine (which is first introduced in 2.4.16 release)

The above errors are from when i try to apply the nat-t-patch from the
2.4.26 release to a 2.6.25.x kernel - which is why I would like to know
which kernel the 2.4.16 release is compatible with :-)

I'll try to apply the patch manualy.

./Michael