[Openswan Users] is there any documents about the openswan source code?(Linjian Song)

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Jun 2 11:20:26 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008, ??? wrote:

> There is a task for me recently to add a new function module to the linux,
> which is related with IPsec tunnel. Although I'm familiar with the principle
> of IPsec theory, I know little about how it works in the openswan
> implementation and how to  take the advantage of the APIs of IPsec tunnel to
> send and receive packets.  I think there are must some guys in the maillist
> who is doing some developing work of Openswan.  Can you help me and give me
> some hint.

There are two kernel stacks. One is NETKEY (comes with kernel) and one is
KLIPS (comes with openswan). They operate very differently. You will need
to pick one of the stacks and focus on that. They also have a different
feature set.

KLIPS can be found in the openswan tar.gz in linux/net/ipsec/

What is it that you are implementing?