[Openswan Users] No packets forwarded in a stablished connection

Carles Bonfill carles.bonfill at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 09:11:59 EDT 2008

Hi all,

i just configured a VPN connection with OpenSwan 2.4.5. My goal is have a
gateway where multiple roadwarriors could connect.

My openswan gateway is behind a router doing nat. I have successfully
connect a vpn client (Greenbow) bahing another router doing nat, and the
connection is established with apparentetly no errors in logs.

When i try to ping from roadwarrior to any inside host, i got no responses.
I tcpdumped ipsec interface, and i see the echo packet, but i can't see the
same echo packed in the ethernet interface connected to the lan. So, i have
a problem in the process of forwarding inside the openswan gateway.

Any idea where is the mistake?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Carles.

Carles