[Openswan Users] Openswan 2.4.7 IPv6 support on Linux 2.4.22

dkong at perle.com dkong at perle.com
Mon Oct 15 12:42:30 EDT 2007

Dear all:

Can anyone definitively tell me if  Openswan's  ipsec (KLIPS)  supports
IPv6 on a Linux 2.4.22 that has the KLIPS and NAT-T patches?  IT seems the
userland apps like PLUTO supports it, and  I see IPv6 includes and #define
CONFIG_IPV6 througout the KLIPS code, but all information I see on the
internet dated aroung 2004, says it doesn't.    Everyone is saying that
Linux 2.6 is required w/o KLIPS installed.   We do not want to upgrade to
2.6 if we can help it.   Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dennis