[Openswan Users] ipsec does not register routes

Martin Krellmann martin at krellmann.net
Mon Oct 8 05:50:11 EDT 2007

Hi.

> For those who want to know, there were two problems (if I remember
> correctly).

Yes you are correct.

> Which scenario do you have in mind, exactly?
>
> > conn trusetal.krellmann.net
>
> This is no road warrior setup. Are both vpngates running Openswan?
> Then you are probably better off with pure IPsec, leaving L2TP
> out of the equation.

For this connection i have a sort of gate-to-gate connection in mind.
The gate on the remote end (windows 2000 machine) connects to my openswan
server.
I have to use the L2TP here because Windows IPSec is not able to use dynamic
IP addresses, which I have on both ends.

I've also thougt about installing a virtual machine on the remote site (with
VMWare) with a linux OS and openswan, but the computer hast not enough power
for that solution...

Greetings
Martin.