[Openswan Users] ipsec does not register routes

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Mon Oct 8 08:05:11 EDT 2007

Martin Krellmann wrote:

> For this connection i have a sort of gate-to-gate connection in mind.
> The gate on the remote end (windows 2000 machine) connects to my openswan
> server.

I still don't get it. There is a Windows 2000 Server box on one end and
an Openswan box on the other end? Both are behind NAT routers which have
dynamic IP addresses and the idea is to connect the two networks behind
the Windows and Linux boxes?

The trusetal.krellmann.net connection cannot be used for an L2TP/IPsec
road warrior setup because of the leftsubnet=192.168.10.0/24.

Also keep in mind that right=trusenkrell.dyndns.org is resolved only once
when Openswan is started. If its IP address changes, the new address is
not automatically picked up by the remote party. You might need to use
tricks such as scripts that check if the remote address has changed and
then reload the connection.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl