[Openswan Users] Openswan and Watchguard

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sat Nov 11 18:00:19 EST 2006

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006, Steve Hamblett wrote:

> Sorry if this has come up before but I've not searched your archives yet for
> this question and there may be a simple answer.
>
> Does openswan work with a Watchguard SOHO6 box?

I am not sure about the specific hardware/firmware, but it should work. In
the past there were issues with multiple ike/esp proposals, and specificly
a bug in the md5 implementation of watchguard.

Try setting an exact match for ike= and esp= (eg ike=3des-sha1-modp1536)
and see if that fixes your problem. Try using sha1 instead of md5.