[Openswan Users] Openswan and Watchguard

Steve Hamblett shamblett at cwazy.co.uk
Sat Nov 11 13:47:28 EST 2006

Hello list,

Sorry if this has come up before but I've not searched your archives yet for
this question and there may be a simple answer.

Does openswan work with a Watchguard SOHO6 box?

I've tried everything I know so far, including/excluding NAT traversal, it
nearly works, the tunnel comes up but I cannot get full connectivity no
matter how hard I try, pings work but reply outside the tunnel, hence I
cannot establish a telnet session etc.  I cannot get it to work at all with
my subnet(192.168.0.0), only from my my gateway box.

Sometimes the 'up' command reports that NAT traversal is OK, sometimes not,
with the same CONN'exion parameters.

Any guidance would be helpful here.

I find it particularly frustrating when I can connect perfectly well using the
watchguard supplied windows MUVPN client on my laptop but not on my FC6
gateway.

Thanks ahead for ANY replies, i can supply conf files and watchguard manual
vpn settings if required.

Steve HAMBLETT