[Openswan Users] WinXP tunnel net-to-net using lsipsec tool problem

Radek Antoniuk r.antoniuk at pixel.com.pl
Thu May 25 22:24:33 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a tunnel link like this:
IKE Encryption: 3des
IKE Integrity: md5
Remote Gateway Address: 193.16.225.115
Remote Monitor Address: 193.16.225.115
Remote Network: 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0
Local Address: 87.96.2.229
Local Network: 192.168.1.39/255.255.255.255 <-----

But I'm getting "unknown error" on the windows side. In fact no packets
are going out of the windows box.
The possible problem is that the local address " Local Network:
192.168.1.39/255.255.255.255" is nowhere assigned on any interface. (but
it should be imho assigned to the interface with 87.96.2.229 after
successful connection)

A connection like:
IKE Encryption: 3des
IKE Integrity: md5
Remote Gateway Address: 193.16.225.115
Remote Monitor Address: 193.16.225.115
Remote Network: 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0
Local Address: 87.96.2.229
Local Network: 87.96.2.229/255.255.255.255   <----

sets up without any problems, but I want to be visible inside the
192.168.x network with my private address, not the public one from I'm
connecting with. (so, i want a strict net-to-net rather that host-to-net
connection). Has anyone done a setup like this?

Thanks in advance,

--
Radek Antoniuk