[Openswan Users] cluster openswan?

Butler tears.the at gmail.com
Thu May 25 16:31:50 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I tried to use openswan on a 4 CPU cores machine to test the max performance
using gigabit LAN, however, I found that only 1 of the CPU got 100% load,
another 1 got 20% load and other 2 are idle. Moreover, the max throughtput
can't saturate the gigabit LAN.

I post it before and the answer is the native kernel IPSec is single
threaded so it can't make use of other CPU and the 20% load on another CPU
should be coming from pluto.
That means I can scale up only by increasing CPU speed or use crypto card
but not by adding more CPU.

So I would like to ask that is it technically possible to setup cluster
openswan with some clusterware, e.g. linux-ha?

Thanks a lot!!!

--
Butler