[Openswan Users] l2tp + openswan in sarge

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue May 9 18:42:06 CEST 2006

On Tue, 9 May 2006, Fabio wrote:

> but I have 2 main problems:
> 1- server l2tp
> 	in sarge there is not l2tpd but l2tpns but this is more not easy to configure
> radius server (and so mysql server). I try to install l2tpd from unstable
> debian repository but I have this error: "No more free pseudo-tty" and this
> project is inactive
>
> Do you know a l2tp server to use with openswan in sarge?

The Debian people were patching the l2tpd with our patches. Perhaps they
already switched the name to "xl2tpd"?

> 2- racoon: give me "failed to parse configuration file" and it does not start.
> (racoon-tool.conf exists)

We wouldn't recommend using racoon of course, this being the openswan list.

> do you give me any suggest?

Config examples for openswan using (x)l2tpd are in /etc/ipsec.d/examples/
if you use openswan-2.4.5 or up. xl2tpd also comes with an example
configuration.