[Openswan Users] also= order requirement in 2.4.5?

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Apr 26 20:46:59 CEST 2006

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, Trevor Benson wrote:

> Is there an order requirement in 2.4.5 for using the also= statement?

Yes, the same as it has always been:

>From the man page:

       also   the value is a section name; the parameters of that section are appended to this section, as
              if they had been written as part of it.  The specified section must exist, must  follow  the
              current  one,  and must have the same section type.  (Nesting is permitted, and there may be
              more than one also in a single section, although it is forbidden to append the same  section
              more  than once.)  This allows, for example, keeping the encryption keys for a connection in
              a separate file from the rest of the description, by using both an  also  parameter  and  an
              include line.  (Caution, see BUGS below for some restrictions.)

> created some generic entries outside of default the other day for sites
> and roadwarriors.  So my file was modified like
>

> Conn %default
>     Blah
>
> Conn sites
>     More blah
>
> Conn roadwarrior
>     Another blah
>
> Conn one
>     Private blah
>     Also=sites

So "conn sites" must appear after "conn one"