[Openswan Users] L2TP server on RH Enterprise 3

Thiago Campos tmclistas at uol.com.br
Mon Sep 5 20:53:58 CEST 2005

>> Which one of your l2tp server fits better to RH enterprise 3?
>
> I have not used RHEL3 so I can't tell. But RHEL should be
> similar enough to Fedora versions so any L2TP server should
> work. The IPsec side will be more of a problem. I understand
> that the RHEL3 kernel is a hybrid of kernel 2.4 and kernel 2.6
> which is known to have issues with Openswan. So it seems that
> RHEL3 is a bad choice for an IPsec server.

Very bad news to me. I have a customer that the only way is a RHEL 3
I read about CIPE but i don't think its a good solution.

I found kernel-smp-module-openswan from DAG, what do you thin about it?

My Kernel is 2.4.21-32.0.1.ELsmp do you have any tip from where should i
start?

> Note that I am not involved with any of the L2TP projects so
> "your L2TP server" is not correct.

Sorry. I'd like to say yours RPMs.

Thanks

Thiago