[Openswan Users] L2TP server on RH Enterprise 3

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Mon Sep 5 22:30:43 CEST 2005

Thiago Campos wrote:

> Which one of your l2tp server fits better to RH enterprise 3?

I have not used RHEL3 so I can't tell. But RHEL should be
similar enough to Fedora versions so any L2TP server should
work. The IPsec side will be more of a problem. I understand
that the RHEL3 kernel is a hybrid of kernel 2.4 and kernel 2.6
which is known to have issues with Openswan. So it seems that
RHEL3 is a bad choice for an IPsec server.

Note that I am not involved with any of the L2TP projects so
"your L2TP server" is not correct.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl