[Openswan Users] (p)mtu problem between winxp and openswan2.3.0

Piero Filippin filippinp at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 11:38:34 CEST 2005

I think the correct way to set the MTU foran interface is using ifconfig.

>From the ifconfig manpage:

mtu n

Set the maximum transmission unit of the  interface to n, default is interface  specific. The MTU is used to limit the size of packets that are transmitted  on an interface. Not all interfaces support setting the MTU, and some  interfaces have range restrictions.

Changing the MTU in Windows is a littlebit trickier, as it requires some registry editing (but most network carddrivers let you modify the MTU from their properties page).

Piero