[Openswan Users] Openswan on FC3

Jerry Kaidor jerry at tr2.com
Thu Jul 28 12:28:58 CEST 2005

> Eduardo Detrell wrote:
>
>> Hello:
>>
>> This is the anwer of it:
>>
>> [root at piolin ~]# ipsec auto --up piolin
>> 021 no connection named "piolin"
>> This connection is named in /etc/ipsec.conf.
>>

> this line [ 021 no connection named "piolin" ] tells me that the name
> piolin is not the correct name in the ipsec.conf file, but you say it
> is.  can you send a copy of your conn file.  the name for the connection
> should be whatever you put after the word conn in your file.

*** To which I might add that syntax errors in ipsec.conf can easily
stop it from recognizing a "conn" section, even though you can see it
right there.  And the system does not directly complain.

   Run "ipsec barf > outfile"  and then examine "outfile" closely, looking
for syntax errors in ipsec.conf.

                            - Jerry Kaidor ( jerry at tr2.com )