[Openswan Users] problem making starter in openswan 2.3.1

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Jul 15 05:08:16 CEST 2005

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, Steve wrote:

> Compilation on kernel modules and other programs are fine but having problem
> during compilation of "starter" program:

The "starter" is still a work in progres. That is the reason it is not built
per default yet. At the moment this is not the highest priority for us. We
have not looked at it for a while, and I am sure it is broken at this point.

> Also, just to confirm, DPD is enabled by default? Does not specifying any
> dpddelay or timeout would disable it?

We always send the VendorID announcing that we support the DPD capability.
If no dpd paramters are present in *our* conn, we will not start sending
DPD packets. Though if the other end sends a DPD packet, we will respond
to it, as requires by RFC. This behavour changed somewhere in 2.1 or 2.2.
Before that, we only sent the VendorID if we had dpd enabled for the conn
ourselves.