[Openswan Users] pluto continuously restarting

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Fri Jul 8 14:13:46 CEST 2005

also sprach Pedro Carvalho <pedro.carvalho at nok.pt> [2005.07.08.1258 +0200]:
> Sometimes the Pluto crashes and OpenSwan cannot cleanup after itself
> (hangs in "ip xfrm policy flush"). After this, the only solution is to
> restart the machine, after killing all pluto related processes, or the
> machine takes forever to reboot.

setkey -F; setkey -FP

With that, and setting ike=aes and esp=aes in the %default
connection, I managed to get it working again. Still weird.

I am soon going to revamp my entire setup, so if it works, that'll
do for now.

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

women can keep a secret just as well as men,
but it takes more of them to do it.