[Openswan Users] Problem: "encrypted Informational Exchange message is invalid" ... on CLIENT

Davide Bolcioni db-ipsec at 3di.it
Fri Jul 8 13:49:04 CEST 2005

Greetings,
I am attempting to set up a VPN connection from a FC3 client (left) to a
Sentinel host (right) using openswan-2.1.5-2.FC3.1 RPM. Certificates
were provided for the purpose, and a colleague was able to connect from
a Windows XP client; from the FC3 client,  however, ipsec auto --up
results in some messages

   encrypted Informational Exchange message is invalid because it is for
incomplete ISAKMP SA

before the attempt is abandoned. I found references about this message
in the logs for scenarios where Openswan is the server, but I am not
conversant enough with the tool to apply the information to my case.
What am I doing wrong ?

Thank you for your consideration,
Davide Bolcioni
--