[Openswan Users] ping works but others applications don't - SOLVED

Paulo Ricardo Bruck pauloric at contato.com.br
Tue Feb 8 09:28:28 CET 2005

>> - Try KLIPS instead of NETKEY if you have these problems. Do not use
RedHat
>>    kernel sources for this, since one of their patches causes KLIPS
to kill
>>    your machine. We have not yet pinned this change down.
>>
>> Indeed, this question has come to this list for many times since
NETKEY saw
>> serious usage as a result of Openswan being included into Fedora
Core.

>> Paul
>
>Hi Paul, Glover and list
>
>There is something strange cause I can see packets coming and going
>from
>both machines but I can't , using lynx for example at another lan , see
>any page from My desktop w/ apache ....
>I don't use fedora . I use debian sarge + openswan.
>

>thanks in advanced

Hi guys finally I discover the solutions at netfilter

Instead of :
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING  -o $WAN1 -j SNAT --to-source $IPWAN1

I insert my local net at the above rule
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING  -s $LOCALNET -o $WAN1 -j SNAT
--to-source $IPWAN1

Thanks for all

--
Paulo Ricardo Bruck - consultor