[Openswan Users] Problem with Openswan with l2tp

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Wed Feb 2 11:27:22 CET 2005

Tommaso Di Donato wrote:

>>One suggestion would be to download the Debian l2tpd tar ball from:
>>http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/l2tpd.html
>>and compile it. Then you copy the executable to /usr/sbin/l2tpd,
>>replacing the one in the RPM while keeping the other files intact.
>
> Mine is a prodution system, and it is very critical: don't you think this way
> I could make my system unstable (even if it will be very easy to undo the
> changes...)?

what they think of the stability of Debian's l2tpd branch. Or ask the
Debian maintainer directly: Jean-Francois Dive (jef at debian.org).

>>Windows does not support DPD.
>
> Do you think that i "could" not use it, or I "should" not use it in
> openswan?? ;)

Windows will probably just ignore the DPD 'vendor ID' so Openswan will
not send DPD messages. If you have other DPD enabled peers (Cisco, *swan)
I don't see much harm in enabling DPD.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl