[Openswan Users] Problem with Openswan with l2tp

Tommaso Di Donato el.dido at tiscali.it
Wed Feb 2 00:38:22 CET 2005

On Saturday 29 January 2005 17:42, Jacco de Leeuw wrote:

> There is a newer version 10jdl which contains two extra patches. You could
> try this version.

Yep! I will try that as soon as possible...

> One suggestion would be to download the Debian l2tpd tar ball from:
> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/l2tpd.html
> and compile it. Then you copy the executable to /usr/sbin/l2tpd,
> replacing the one in the RPM while keeping the other files intact.

Mine is a prodution system, and it is very critical: don't you think this way
I could make my system unstable (even if it will be very easy to undo the
changes...)?

> > In Openswan 2-2.0-2, I setted up dpdaction=clear and uniqueids=yes.
>
> Windows does not support DPD. I don't think this is the cause.

Do you think that i "could" not use it, or I "should" not use it in
openswan?? ;)

Thanx again a lot!