[Openswan Users] IPSEC / L2TP / PANTHER

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Thu Oct 28 21:24:14 CEST 2004

>> I'm trying to establisk an IPSEC/L2TP connection between Linux and
>> MacOSX (MacOSX being the client). I followed the instructions given by
>> Jacco de Leeuw, nd it just does not work for me.
>
> I'd need to see mroe log entries to see what is wrong. I don't
> have an apple here to test with though :)

Currently I don't have access to one either. I have tested it previously
with FreeS/WAN and it worked but I have not tested with Openswan yet.
I don't see a reason why it would not work, though.

Last time I looked, MacOS 10.3 only supported Preshared Keys for L2TP/IPsec
connections. Certificates were not supported. That's a pretty serious
limitation. I checked the MacOS X updates website but unfortunately I don't
see any mention of certificate support (or NAT-T support for that matter).
Again, I haven't looked recently but I doubt that Apple added these features
withouth mentioning them. I also doubt that these subsystems are released
under the Apple Public Licence so we probably can't fix it ourselves...

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl