[Openswan Users] IPSEC / L2TP / PANTHER

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Oct 28 20:26:41 CEST 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Christian Tardif wrote:

> KLIPS device ipsec0 shut down
>
> on the console.
>
> 1) What causes that ?

Is the server on some dynamic IP? Is it a ppp device?
the message means that interface ipsec0, which was coupled
to some physical interface was released from the physical
interface. This happens when the physical interface goes
away, or when you shut the entire openswan subsystem down

> 2) How can this type of connection succeed ?

I'd need to see mroe log entries to see what is wrong. I don't
have an apple here to test with though :)