[Openswan Users] Newbie question

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Oct 8 01:51:08 CEST 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Sunny Shum wrote:

> 1. Do I have to install OpenSWAN on the Linux firewall (ReadHat 9), or
> on the Windows 2003 server?

Although porting Openswan to Windows is in our roadmap somewhere, this
won't be happening within the next two years I think :)
You need to run your VPN on the public IP address of the network you
have. So if you have a redhat firewall, I assume that firewall has
the public IP address, and that is where the VPN software needs to go.

Have a look at http://www.natecarlson.com/linux/ipsec-x509.php