[Openswan Users] Newbie question

Sunny Shum ctshum at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 15:36:23 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I am new to the VPN world.  Currently my company is running on a
Windows 2003 AD, with a RedHat 9 firewall (iptables).  I want to setup
a VPN which allows road warriors (all Windows XP Pro) to connect back
to the office network.

I did a lot of search online (thanks for Google), and read a lot of
documents, but I still haven't get a clue where to start.  I decided
to give OpenSWAn a try.  Here are my questions:

1. Do I have to install OpenSWAN on the Linux firewall (ReadHat 9), or
on the Windows 2003 server?

2. I read this article, http://wiki.openswan.org/index.php/Installing,
and at the bottom it mentioned a road warrior style VPN, but I can't
find the HOWTO.  Can someone point me the right directions?

Thanks!

Sunny