[Openswan Users] Starting open swan

davidh at cs.york.ac.uk davidh at cs.york.ac.uk
Thu Oct 7 16:28:49 CEST 2004

The documentation states doing:
service ipsec start
will start the IPSec services. Somewhere else (which I can not find again!)
I saw something saying:
ipsec setup --start
will also do the same thing.

The service command does not appear to be present on the Slackware 10.0
(kernel 2.6.7) distro I have. However, the two commands without service,
give the following errors:
# ipsec setup --start
/usr/sbin/ipsec: unknown IPsec command `setup' (`ipsec --help' for list)
# ipsec start
/usr/sbin/ipsec: unknown IPsec command `start' (`ipsec --help' for list)

Nothing useful about starting services is listed under 'ipsec --help' or
'man ipsec'.

Any ideas?

Dave

--
Dave Hartburn  ex: 4725 Room: CS/121
Network Manager, Department Of Computer Science