[Openswan Users] Openswan on OpenWRT

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Wed Nov 10 23:11:25 CET 2004

Ferdinand O. Tempel wrote:

> This guide is somewhat outdated by now. A lot still applies, but details
> start to be different from reality. Basically the article tries to guide

I've been thinking of having a go at it, perhaps getting L2TP/IPsec running
on it but I'm wondering:

- Would the WRT54G(S) be fast enough for VPNs? Linksys is also selling
   the WRV54G with IPsec support for $100 more. Is that just a scam?

- I think I read somewhere that the wireless driver (Broadcom?) is
   closed source which would mean you're stuck with a certain kernel
   version. Is that true?

- There are Linksys clones with USB ports. Would USB be important enough
   to get one of these clones instead?

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl