[Openswan Users] Openswan on OpenWRT

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Nov 10 23:23:40 CET 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Jacco de Leeuw wrote:

> - Would the WRT54G(S) be fast enough for VPNs? Linksys is also selling
>  the WRV54G with IPsec support for $100 more. Is that just a scam?

It's a scam, and it is based on freeswam 1.92 last I looked. It's useless
because there is no nat-t support, and many bugs.

> - I think I read somewhere that the wireless driver (Broadcom?) is
>  closed source which would mean you're stuck with a certain kernel
>  version. Is that true?

Yes. You're stuck on 2.4.

> - There are Linksys clones with USB ports. Would USB be important enough
>  to get one of these clones instead?

Only if you want to do usb storage I guess. Or another usb wireless frob.

It all works out as planned, I should be spending quite some time on openwrt
starting January.