[Openswan Users] Openswan ipsec.conf question

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Jun 22 16:45:27 CEST 2004

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, J. Nyhuis wrote:

> server:/etc > service ipsec start
> ipsec_setup: multiple default routes, %defaultroute cannot cope!!!

You will need to specify an interfaces line. (Though only on 2.4. Actually
on 2.6 this should not be a problem and it should not complain about this.
this needs to be double checked)

> The NIC with the default route has been configured to answer to several IP
> addresses (eth0 to eth0:7, _.65 to _.71).  I need the NIC configured this
> way and can not alter the configuration.  I only want freeswan to route
> through eth0:2, the _.68 address, not the rest of the IPs the NIC answers
> to.

Just specify a nexthop setting pointing to the gateway IP address you want
to use. (gateway ip address, not one of the router ip addresses)

> In my ipsec.conf I tried placing the following
>
> interfaces="ipsec0=eth0:0"

That is a valid notation btw. One of my production servers even has:
        interfaces="ipsec0=eth0 ipsec1=eth0:2 ipsec2=eth0:3 ipsec3=eth0:6"

> but openswan cannot read this notation.  Would a line like this work?
> interfaces="ipsec0=128.208.120.68"

This is not valid.

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.