[Openswan Users] Openswan ipsec.conf question

J. Nyhuis cabal at u.washington.edu
Mon Jun 21 14:03:44 CEST 2004

	Greetings,

	I am configuring openswan for the first time, and have a
configuration question.  I am getting the following error:

server:/etc > service ipsec start
ipsec_setup: multiple default routes, %defaultroute cannot cope!!!

The NIC with the default route has been configured to answer to several IP
addresses (eth0 to eth0:7, _.65 to _.71).  I need the NIC configured this
way and can not alter the configuration.  I only want freeswan to route
through eth0:2, the _.68 address, not the rest of the IPs the NIC answers
to.

In my ipsec.conf I tried placing the following

interfaces="ipsec0=eth0:0"

but openswan cannot read this notation.  Would a line like this work?
interfaces="ipsec0=128.208.120.68"

I have not been able to find a good example of how to do this. Would some
kind soul advise me or mail me their ipsec.conf for how to config ipsec to
only work through one IP address on a NIC that is responding to several
IP addresses?

	Thanks in advance,

John H. Nyhuis
University of Washington