[Openswan Users] Openswan ipsec.conf question

J. Nyhuis cabal at u.washington.edu
Tue Jun 22 13:24:25 CEST 2004

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, J. Nyhuis wrote:
> Just specify a nexthop setting pointing to the gateway IP address you want
> to use. (gateway ip address, not one of the router ip addresses)
>
> > In my ipsec.conf I tried placing the following
> > interfaces="ipsec0=eth0:0"

> That is a valid notation btw. One of my production servers even has:
>         interfaces="ipsec0=eth0 ipsec1=eth0:2 ipsec2=eth0:3 ipsec3=eth0:6"

Thank you much for trying to assist me.  I had already tried the
interfaces="ipsec0=eth0:0" line, and recieve the following error:

server:/etc > service ipsec start
ipsec_setup: (/etc/ipsec.conf, line 17) section header
"interfaces=ipsec0=eth0:0" has wrong number of fields (1) -- `start' aborted

Why am I getting the following error?  The implication is that openswan
can't parse the line.  I am running the 2.4 kernal.

Thanks again for trying to assist me, but the interface line still does
not work.  Any additional ideas?

Thanks,
John N.
CSI