[Openswan Users] Problem with _plutorun script

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Jun 18 13:31:06 CEST 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 desantis at csr.unibo.it wrote:

> I istalled on my gateway openswan-2.1.2 and i have a problem with
> "ipsec_plutorun" script.
>
> this is the auth.log:

> Jun 18 09:51:46 gewbecca pluto[27668]:   loaded private key file
> '/etc/ipsec.d/private/freeswan-priv.pem' (1594 bytes)
> Jun 18 09:51:57 gewbecca ipsec__plutorun: Restarting Pluto subsystem...
> Jun 18 09:51:57 gewbecca pluto[27943]: Starting Pluto (Openswan Version 2.1.2
> X.509-1.4.8 PLUTO_USES_KEYRR)

> What's? is a bug? or is my configuration?

It looks like your pluto is crashing. Enable dumpdir=/tmp and rerun it to crash
pluto. Then use gdb pointing to both the source and the core file in /tmp and give
us a backtrace from gdb to investigate this problem.
If possisble, please describe your system and kernel specifics as well.

2.1.2 should have been fixed for the crl.pem crasher AFAIK, but perhaps you want
to try removing the pem files in /etc/ipsec.d/crls/

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.