[Openswan Users] SonicWALL Sample Configuration with Certificate Authentication? (was SonicNET)

Adam Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Wed Jun 9 23:30:10 CEST 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 03:55:08PM -0700, Trevor Benson wrote:
> Are you referring to a Sonic.net connection like through one of their
> wireless hotspots?  If so let me know, I have one of their hotspots, and
> use Openswan for my VPN services.  I could probably do some testing.  If
> this is the case, Sonic.net uses a Cisco VPN Concentrator, and cisco
> provides ipsec clients for linux as well. I will test out my openswan
> across my hotspot, and see what I get.

It's actually just a corporate VPN server, not a wireless hotspot.  It's
apparently called SonicWALL, not SonicNET--someone must have misspoken.

There are bunch of broken links about using SonicWALL with Openswan at
<http://wiki.openswan.org/index.php/interoperatingSonicwall>.  Does
anyone have updated information?
--
Adam Kessel