[Openswan Users] SonicNET Sample Configuration with Certificate Authentication?

Trevor Benson tbenson at a-1networks.com
Wed Jun 9 16:55:08 CEST 2004

Are you referring to a Sonic.net connection like through one of their
wireless hotspots?  If so let me know, I have one of their hotspots, and
use Openswan for my VPN services.  I could probably do some testing.  If
this is the case, Sonic.net uses a Cisco VPN Concentrator, and cisco
provides ipsec clients for linux as well. I will test out my openswan
across my hotspot, and see what I get.

Trevor

Certificate
> Authentication?
>
> Can anyone confirm that Openswan (version 2.1.1-4 from Debian with
kernel
> 2.6.7rc3) will work with a SonicNET VPN with certificate based
> authentication?  Sonic suggested we use OpenVPN, which doesn't even
> appear to be an IPSec client.
>
> I've been having a lot of trouble finding up-to-date documentation for
my
> set-up--many broken links, and old sample configurations for
FreeS/WAN.

> I think I have a fairly standard set-up.  Both my home (cable modem)
and