[Openswan Users] Open Source Developer Contest - Assistance Request ( Openswan 2.x )

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Mon Aug 16 17:33:33 CEST 2004

Robert MacFarlan [IBM] wrote:

> IBM is very interested in seeing an optimized port of Openswan 2.x to
> LinuxPPC64 being available. We're considering running a promotion to
> reward both the development of new applications and ports of existing
> projects like Openswan 2.x to LinuxPPC64.

Doesn't Openswan already run on PowerPC? I had MandrakeLinux PPC with
FreeS/WAN running on an old iMac. Or is PPC64 a completely different
beast?

Or is 'optimized' the keyword here? I.e. is IBM looking for hand-crafted
PPC assembler routines? In that case they should sponsor the Linux kernel
CryptoAPI because it is used by Openswan, if I'm correct.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl