[Openswan Users] Error 789

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Fri Aug 6 01:31:17 CEST 2004

Walker Aumann wrote:

> I have a WinXP Home box with SP2 installed.

I just read that SP2 has been delayed. Again. For some reason.
What I mean to say is that this is beta software and there might
be bugs in it.

 > When I try to make an L2TP vpn connection, I get error 789 immediately.

Perhaps the IPsec service is not running? Did you check the IKE.LOG?

> When I have a VPN connection listed in "Network Connections", even
 > when disconnected, Windows Update thinks I am offline and need to
 > "Connect" to access the page.

Weird. I don't know what business Windows Update has in looking at
VPN connections. SP2 uses Windows Update v5, right? Could be a bug.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl