R: [Openswan Users] NAT-T Issue on 2.4.26 kernel

Sebastian Zdrojewski sebastian.zdrojewski at technomind.it
Tue Apr 27 16:19:02 CEST 2004

Hello,

if this can be helpful, I just made up configured and fine working a L2TP/IPsec server that allow access of default XP/2K machines using simply the built-in client. That was my challenge since I wasn't up to using 3rd party components on clients (such as on OpenVPN).

Actually I am using a Fedora core 1B as startup machine and source tree of the 2.4.26 Kernel. The version of openswan is 2.1.2rc3 and seems everything is fine (with L2TPD ver. 0.69 from www.l2tpd.org and pppd version 2.4.1). I didn't make any benchmark yet, but as soon as I will have something more concrete to tell, I can send you.

Returning on the NAT-T topic I found it seem to work correctly when compiling with the "make nattpatch..." command. I am just working yet on it.

Thanks for support and keep on with good work :)

Sebastian "En3pY" Zdrojewski

-