[Openswan dev] pluto crash (DoS)

Rene Mayrhofer rene.mayrhofer at gibraltar.at
Mon Jul 4 10:50:27 CEST 2005

Am Thursday 30 June 2005 20:38 schrieb mcr at xelerance.com:
> I don't know what PaX is.
It's a kernel security patch that disallows, among others, execution of code
on the stack. Although it's roughly comparable to exec-shield, it goes
farther than that.

> Can you give us access to a machine with PaX installed, that can run
> User-Mode-Linux kernels? That way we can run all the tests against PaX,
> (particularly the unit tests, which actually don't use uml, but would
> be affected by PaX on the host), and see what is wrong.
I don't think that a UML kernel without the PaX patches would make much sense
in tracking down that problem. We don't have any development machines online
right now but could offer one for a few days if you think it would help. You
could use the host kernel for tests, since the KLIPS part in those kernels is
already at 2.3.0 or 2.3.1.

with best regards,
Rene